Today is Wednesday, and it’s the 2nd week since I got back to work. I just realized that I ate chicken 3 days in a row for lunch, though they were all cooked differently, it was still chicken. I’m still pretty much confused as to whether I should complain about having chicken three days in a row, or if it is alright since they were cooked differently anyway.
It has been a liberating experience to not have a Facebook account anymore; I deactivated it the day before I started working again, and yes, I did not permanently delete it for the sole reason of not knowing how to do just that.
It just started raining. It’s annoying how I thought at first that it was raining, then I hear the air conditioner right behind me and thought how stupid I was for thinking it was rain that I heard, but then I stood up and checked the window, and it defintitely was raining. I don’t know how to feel after that.
I have been reading books lately, ebooks mostly. I’ve already read 3 books, and I just started two more, simultaneously.
Books I read and a summary word/phrase about it:
- Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close - Witty; smart boy trying to find a lock to a key he found from his dead father’s closet. I watched the movie right after reading, and if I were the author of this book, I’d really feel bad because half of the book wasn’t included in the movie.
- Crazy Rich Asians - extremely depressing exagerration of the rich chinese culture; very accurate
- A Room of One’s Own - extremely depressing book about feminism. I did not finish this one because I did not need to be depressed about life, nor do I need her senseless banters. I already have a disorganized brain, thank you very much.
- PLAN B - friends having a plan on how to cure their friend actor’s coccaine problem; left me wondering what I should do with my life ‘til I reach 30.
Books I just started reading simultaneously:
- Accounting Book For Dummies
- Me Before You
I also have been skimming Yahoo! News lately, and I must say, the book, “PLAN B” is right about the news being mostly about counting people who have recently died. It’s amusing how news can really vary and some of them are so absurd I don’t really know why I bothered reading it anyway.
Here are some of the things I picked up on Yahoo! News:
- PNOY wants revenge for the assasination of his father.
- PNOY doesn’t want the late president Ferdinand Marcos to have a heroes’ death march or whatever.
- A guy in USA is sentenced to 5 years in jail for sexually abusing his female pitbull puppy.
- A young child died because a white tiger in the zoo ate him.
- A guy who was in jail for 2 decades was actually wrongly convicted. He was released recently, but died a few months after from asthma. Just before dying he filed a case against the court for some 100M USD I’m guessing for the damages he suffered from in jail.
- Kardashian mom and Jenner dad getting divorced for irreconcilable differences
- Just saw a disturbing picture of two female BENCH models french kiss each other while on the runway.